"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” -Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ten Reasons


Ten Reasons Why I love Seattle. GO!

1. Rain- it makes the few sunny days more exciting. and polka dot rainboots are always a plus in my book.

2. Pike Place Market- very Seattle.

3. Gas Works Park- if you haven't gone, go go go! best park around and an amazing view.


4. Pacific Northwest Ballet- absolutely beautiful. as close to perfection as humanly possible. and the $5 teen tickets are prime.

5. The Original Starbucks- yeah, we've got the one that started it all. My usual latte always tastes better at this particular starbucks.

6. Mountains- pretty to look at and if like being outdoorsy, i guess they are good for that, too.

7. General Love of Coffee- there's one street corner downtown that you can see 5 starbucks' from. If that's not an obsession, I dont know what is.

8. Dick's & BurgerMaster- my two favorite burger places (even though I'm a slightly fake vegetarian). There is much debate over which one is better. I prefer BurgerMaster, but Dick's is much cheaper so I guess it all boils down to how many dollars are floating around the bottom of my bag on any given day.

9. Sleepless in Seattle- One of my all-time favorite movies along with You've Got Mail. I love Meg Ryan & Tom Hanks together.

10. Cupcakes- You'd be surprised at how many wonderful cupcake places there are in the greater Seattle area. My mom and I are on an ongoing search for the best cupcake place. Her favorite is TrophyCupcake. I'm a fan of NewYorkCupcake & CupcakeRoyale. We rate our cupcakes based on presentation, flavor originality and freshness/texture. Let's just say we take our cupcake eating pretty seriously. We should be on foodnetwork.

1 comment:

  1. No matter how many times I see mountains they always amaze me, I miss them like nothing else being across the country now.

    Also, Dick's is the clear winner because its entirely unique and open much later.

    ReplyDelete