"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” -Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yellow

I know that this blog is supposed to be full of happy, colorful thoughts and images, but this is not one of them. Well, it is colorful...

A Yellow Restoration

To the girl with the yellow hair,
With the sweetheart smile
And the worried stare.

I am standing here
more than willing to carry you.

Across bridges and mountains
and oceans and deserts and fields
and you can find yourself again.

I will carry you until the scars are gone,
the body is new and the mind is clear.
I will set you down in a field of tall, yellow grass
so that the sun will give its light
and the wind will give its breath.
All for you, sunshine.

I will rub circles in the small of your back
and hum a lullaby.
I will press my hands together and rest my lips on top
And think pretty thoughts for the universe to hear and heal you.

And this moment will be beautiful and pure.
Our room will be restored and the walls will again
be painted yellow,
Just like the sun and the shade of your hair.

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE this. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

    is this by you babe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it is! i'm glad you liked it, nik.

    ReplyDelete