"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” -Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tea Party

Tea Time. First of all, I love making tea. There is something calming about choosing a tea bag from my Eiffel Tower 'tea tin,' ripping it open carefully and then picking out a mug from the shelf. My family is a coffee-drinking family so we have an entire cabinet in our kitchen devoted to our collection of mismatched and well-loved mugs. My coffee mug is a plain-jane beige mug with red-checks around the rim; however, my tea drinking mugs have a much bigger personality.

There are 3 mugs I always reach for when brewing my favorite chai or ginger peach tea. The first is one my older sister painted. It says "I can change the world" and the inside says "with my own two hands." I can't even tell you how much this describes my sister. I'm glad she left it at home when she left for college so I can use it often and remember her favorite Ben Harper song, With My Own Two Hands.

My second tea mug is robin's egg blue with blue and brown polka dots. The inside has tiny rainbow polka dots and the bottom of the inside is perfectly pink. The Beatles' lyrics, "Blackbird singing in the dead of night..." are painted around the bottom rim of the mug. The date, June 17th, 2009 is painted on the bottom; the date of my best friend's 16th birthday.

My last mug is beautiful and new and white and from anthropologie. It has an "M" on it. It was a Valentine's Day gift from my Mom. Ever since February 14th, my tea intake has drastically increased.
I have a theory that each person's collections of things say alot about them. What do your things say about you?

1 comment:

  1. Right now, the half-packed suitcase in my room says how excited I am to haul ass back to Seattle and drink tea with you, little sister. Five days!

    ReplyDelete