"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” -Audrey Hepburn

Friday, June 11, 2010

I am officially done with my junior year of high school and it feels very strange. In exactly a year, I will be graduating and starting a new adventure. Time is funny thing. Anyways, I was reading through my notebook from my trip to Cambodia and I found this little description of my first morning in Phnom Penh. Read away...

Sitting criss-cross applesauce on the floor,
watching the sun rise slowly in the Cambodian sky.
This beauty is seen through the arms of a palm tree,
the open curtains of a window,
and the morning eyes of a traveler,
ready to start her day.
Blessed is this moment.

2 comments:

  1. ugh maddy,
    this post makes me so nostalgic for cambodia. i am uploading some videos from cambodia that i forgot about, i miss it so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss it so much, too. We will go back and it will be wonderful.
    Can you say alumni trip?!

    ReplyDelete